Rangers' Shattenkirk out 2-4 weeks with shoulder injury
- Toews has 5 points, Caps' skid reaches 5
- Isles blank Ducks for 5th straight win
- Pettersson returns, helps Canucks win
- Hinostroza helps Coyotes top Leafs 4-2
- Hurricanes roll to 7-4 win over Oilers
NEW YORK (AP) The New York Rangers say defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk will be sidelined two to four weeks with a shoulder injury.
Shattenkirk left in the second period of Monday night's game in Tampa. He took a check around the left shoulder and had a sling on his arm postgame.
The 29-year-old was checked out on Tuesday. General manager Jeff Gorton announced Wednesday that Shattenkirk had a separated shoulder.
Shattenkirk has one goal, seven assists and zero penalty minutes in 29 games this season. He suffered a knee injury last January that ended his season.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated December 12, 2018