Rangers' Shattenkirk out 2-4 weeks with shoulder injury
- Francis named GM of expansion Seattle
- Police say Greg Johnson's death suicide
- Avalanche lock up F Compher for 4 years
- Red Wings re-sign D Hicketts for 2 years
- Capitals' Ovechkin to make trip to China
NEW YORK (AP) The New York Rangers say defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk will be sidelined two to four weeks with a shoulder injury.
Shattenkirk left in the second period of Monday night's game in Tampa. He took a check around the left shoulder and had a sling on his arm postgame.
The 29-year-old was checked out on Tuesday. General manager Jeff Gorton announced Wednesday that Shattenkirk had a separated shoulder.
Shattenkirk has one goal, seven assists and zero penalty minutes in 29 games this season. He suffered a knee injury last January that ended his season.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated December 12, 2018