Kentucky linebacker Jones is ineligible for Citrus Bowl
- 2-year rule for grad transfers rejected
- Plenty of coaching changes around SEC
- Ohio State QB Baldwin plans to transfer
- ISU trying to replace Butler, Montgomery
- Miss. St. focused on upgrading offense
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) Kentucky linebacker Jordan Jones has been declared ineligible for the Citrus Bowl.
A Kentucky football spokesman confirmed Tuesday that Jones will not play for the No. 16 Wildcats (9-3) on Jan. 1 against No. 13 Penn State (9-3) in Orlando, Florida. No reason or further details were given. Kentucky Sports Radio first reported that Jones was ineligible.
The 6-foot-2, 218-pound Jones was fifth on the team this season with 68 tackles, including 5+ for loss and 1+ sacks. The Youngstown, Ohio, native played the season's final four games with a broken hand but was cleared to play in the Citrus Bowl.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated December 18, 2018